Protect Your Home With New Residential Gutters
Gutters aren’t the most noticeable part of your home. They sit at the roofline and are pretty unobtrusive for the most part. Yet this often-overlooked system does a very important job: it funnels water from the roof away from your home and property. Without gutters, water and ice would continually spill down the side of your house, causing all sorts of issues like rotten wood, peeling siding, washed-away landscaping and even foundation issues.
It’s recommended that you have your gutters cleaned at least twice a year, since fallen leaves and debris can get into the troughs and clog them up. You can also invest in gutter guards to reduce the amount of debris that ends up in gutters.
Signs It’s Time for New Gutters
There will come a time when you will have to replace your residential gutters. But how can you tell? As you’re cleaning your gutters, be on the lookout for the following signs:
- Holes, cracks or rust. This is a sure sign that your gutters need to be replaced.
- Pulling away from the roof. If you notice this issue, you might have rotten fascia boards that need to be repaired.
- Separating gutters. Gutters are only effective if they form one continuous channel. If yours are separating, you may be experiencing leaks.
- Pooling water. This means that your gutters are either leaking or overflowing, potentially damaging siding, landscaping and more.
- Broken fasteners. Fasteners are responsible for securing your gutters to your roof. One broken fastener can be fixed. If this issue keeps occurring, you probably need new gutters.
Schedule a Free Estimate Today
Kevin's Glass & Roofing will happily come out and determine the current state of your gutter system during our free consultation. Schedule an estimate by calling us at (512) 671-8740 or by filling out our online form.